Composite dental fillings are the most widely used today to repair a tooth that is affected by decay, cracks, fractures, etc. because they combine strength with aesthetics. They can be closely matched to the color of your existing teeth, and they offer the strength and durability in areas where restored teeth must withstand extreme forces that result from chewing, often in the back of the mouth.
We are the only dentist office in Marion to offer CEREC, absolutely the fastest way to receive fillings – usually completed in one visit to save your time and money. CEREC is a state-of-the-art computer aided method of creating precisely-designed, color-matched and highly durable composite fillings right in our office.
Fillings are very durable and will last many years. As with any dental restoration, they may someday need replacement but with proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits they will give you a long lasting and beautiful smile. You will receive care instructions for your fillings.
Reasons for Composite Dental Fillings:
- Chipped teeth
- To close space between two teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Worn teeth
Five Simple Steps of Getting Fillings in One Day at Marion Dental Associates.
- Preparation. While the tooth is numb, your dentist will remove decay as necessary. The space will then be thoroughly cleaned and carefully prepared.
- Digital Impression. After examining the tooth and determining the course of treatment, we will prepare your tooth for restoration. First your prepared tooth is coated with a safe, tasteless powder. Your dentist will then use the CEREC state-of-the-art digital 3D camera to create an optical impression you can watch right on our computer screen. This replaces the physical impressions needed in traditional procedures, and the long waits while a tray of impression goop hardens in your mouth.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD).Sophisticated CAD software allows us to design every detail of your restoration with precision. The software allows us to customize the shape of the restoration to exactly fit your specific clinical needs.
- Mill. While you wait comfortably, exact design specifications are sent to our on-site milling machine to create your restoration. About 10 minutes later, your all-ceramic or composite, color-matched restoration is ready for placement.
- Placement. Your new restoration is then fitted, polished and bonded for permanence. Your tooth is restored back to its natural form, function and beauty.
For more information on CEREC, click here.